Today’s employees are spending 10 to 20 percent of their time working through routine or repetitive computer tasks. Business Operations Automation adds to your staff’s capacity to perform more strategic work, creating more value with less investment.
What is Business Operations Automation?
Business Operations Automation enables companies to replace repetitive-based work by deploying automated processes to reduce waste and increase efficiency. The technology focuses on carrying out routine tasks quickly and accurately, which can revolutionize business processes, IT support processes, workflow processes, transaction processing and remote infrastructure by improving accuracy, cycle time and productivity. This frees an employee to accomplish work that requires human strengths such as emotional intelligence, reasoning, judgment and customer interaction, elevating the nature of work for employees by replacing dull, repetitive tasks with more meaningful pursuits.
Leverage Business Operations Automation:
- To improve problem diagnosis and remediation
- To optimize work schedules of existing personnel
- To reduce incident resolution time
- To maintain or reduce IT costs
Benefits of Business Operations Automation
Companies are leveraging Business Operations Automation right now to improve processes and resolve incidents faster in every industry. Some examples of this include:
- Claims adjudication and auto data management for reporting in healthcare
- Order management and fulfillment processing in the retail industry
- IT infrastructure request management processing and builds in the financial and public sectors
In addition, companies are deploying Business Operations Automation processes such as Dual Data Entry, Rule-Based Decision Making, Virtual System Integration, Straight Through Processing and Automated Extraction, as well as Reporting of Basic Queries with great success. Top benefits include:
- Accuracy – no human error in data entry processes.
- 24/7/Always Operations – no vacation, no shift work, no employee attrition.
- Scalability – better handling of volume spikes, as well as supporting non-linear business growth
- Compliance – especially for highly-regulated industries like medical, federal government and banking, as BOA generates extensive audit trails.
- Better Customer Service – service desks are able to deal with more complex questions and support recommendations.
- Relief from Pressure of Larger Workloads – the exponential amount of work to match the exponential increase in data, audit regulation and bureaucracy is estimated at 50% more each year. With BOA in place companies can comply and be more accurate without hiring more people.
Business Operations Automation Offers Potential ROI of 30% to 200% in the First Year
Any company that employs people for general process work or high-volume, highly transactional process functions, will boost capability, save money and time with business operations automation software. As one of today’s great tools to enable a positive change in the relationship between technology and people, automating business processes gets employees back to interacting with clients, solving problems, communicating and connecting – the more critical work.
Bell Techlogix & ServiceNow
Coupled with the Bell Techlogix managed services and the enablement platform of ServiceNow, clients can now easily implement and achieve diverse automation strategies and achieve real results in less time with greater agility.